Soulnote has launched the new A-3 super integrated amplifier at Munich high-end and released some technical details listed below. This will retail at £19,000 and be available in the UK from October.
➢ Main features
· Complete separation of left and right channel ground – The ground separation technology incorporated in the P-3 pre-amplifier is applied to this model with a power amplification circuit. Its structure is not the same as the so-called dual-mono construction.
· Single push-pull output stage – The output stage uses a single push-pull SEPP circuit with can-type bipolar transistors as used in the M-3 monoblock.
· 4-stage Darlington configuration with super-powerful driver and pre-driver – To drive the CAN-type transistor easily, an ultra-powerful TO3-type transistor is used in the driver as well as in the pre-driver.
· New Type-R circuit, fully balanced non-NFB – For voltage amplification, a newly developed single-stage Type-R circuit is adopted.
· Ground switching selector – Disconnecting ground, which is one of the main features of the P-3 pre-amplifier, eliminates the sound quality degradation caused by ground loops when many playback devices are connected.
· Relay-switching balanced attenuator
· Ground anchor – The ground of the left and right channel power supply units are grounded to the left and right side metal insulated with ceramic washers, a special enclosure construction that acts as a ground anchor.
· Super-strong power transformer – 2x 700VA unimpregnated toroidal power transformers are used for power amplification.
· High-speed non-NFB power supply
· Copper busbar heat sink
· Unfixed structure
· Volume bypass function
· Multiple-unit connection function
· Record out function
· Input: 3 (balanced), 3 (unbalanced)
· Output: 1 (loudspeaker)
· Record Out: 1 (balanced), 1 (unbalanced)
· Volume bypass: 1 (balanced), 1 (unbalanced)
· Rated output: 120W + 120W (4 ohm)
· Total harmonic distortion: 0.27% (1W, 8 ohm)
· Frequency characteristic: 2Hz to 200kHz (+/-3dB, 1W, 8 ohm)
· Input sensitivity: 480mV
· S/N: 110dB
· Maximum gain: 33dB
· Power voltage: 230V AC 50Hz (EU model) / 115V AC 50Hz (US model)
· Power consumption: 180W / 86W (during idling)
· Maximum external dimensions (including spike feet): 454(W) x 184(H) x 407(D) mm
· Weight: 31kg
We will bring you more news, availability, demonstrations and our thoughts on the sound quality of the A-3 soon.
In the meantime, for more information,
UK Dealers; https://kogaudio.com/dealers/soulnote/
The Soulnote Philosophy; https://www.kcsr.co.jp/eu_sn_philosophy-en.html